Sunday, July 3, 2011

It's just your accidental death

June 27, 2011

Good morning, everyone!

This week was pretty normal. Luckily, we didn't have any sicknesses or other such things get in the way of our work (although I think I might have a foot fungus), so our week was pretty normal.

President Prieto called me on Tuesday morning when we were getting ready for district meeting and had a pretty serious talk with me. He was just encouraging me to give everything I have to the work and not worry about home or anything. He said I need to give my blood to the work, and that I should be dying from exhaustion on my last day in the mission. And then, he said, I can get on the airplane and rest. It was good to have a little wake-up call (no pun intended), because this phase of my mission has proven to be pretty crazy emotionally.

I'm trying to stay focused on the work, but it's hard sometimes, not so much because I want to go home or anything, but because it's already tough to work for the right reasons as a zone leader. I find it difficult, anyway. You have to be an example in everything, which means that key indicators that represent your work have to be pretty much perfect every week. It's hard, gente. But I'm doing my best to work as hard as I can and still maintain the right perspective. It's easy to fall into a routine and forget about the miracle that is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

We have been teaching a woman named Simone for the past few weeks. She's dating a less-active member who we're also helping to come back to church. Almost every lesson we've had there has been pretty powerful. I don't know why, but I feel like the Spirit was strong in each one. We taught the Law of Chastity and tithing last week and then watched The Restoration. During the movie and afterwards when we were bearing our testimonies, the Spirit was so strong. I have learned to cherish those moments, when I feel such a sense of peace and security that the gospel is true. On the mission, sometimes things just seem so clear. It's like, of course it's all true!

We're working a lot and all that. Things are going well, and I'm happy. I love you guys!

Um abraço!

luv

elder asas ("wings" in portuguese)

No comments:

Post a Comment