Monday, July 25, 2011

You will lift his body from the shore and bring him home

July 25, 2011

I think I might have already used that line as an email title. Oh well.

So, my mission is officially over. Pretty nuts, huh?

I figure that last week was really my big, final email, so I figured I'd just pop in and say hi to everyone.

I already had my last interview with President Prieto, so that was cool. Tonight all of us missionaries are going to have dinner with President and Sister Prieto and then sleep in a hotel. We have to wake up super early on Tuesday morning to go to the temple in Campinas, after which I will sit in the airport in São Paulo for a good six or seven hours (I'm planning on finishing the Book of Mormon again sometime between São Paulo and California). And then I'll sit on and switch between planes for the next twenty hours, and then (some of) you will see me: greasy, scruffy, and sleep-deprived. But it will be great!

My last week in the field actually ended in a miracle: we baptized! Yup, after not having a single baptism all transfer, everything somehow worked out, and we baptized a woman named Anésia after church! It was actually a crazy insane miracle, but I'll have to tell you all about it when I get home, because I have to go with the other elders so they can buy souvenirs!

I love all of you! See (some of) you in about 48 hours!!

luv

elder wiggins

No comments:

Post a Comment